List of Oil Companies in Canada
- In 1967, we pioneered commercial development of Canada’s oil sands – one of the largest petroleum resource basins in the world.
- Since then, Suncor has grown to become a globally competitive integrated energy company with a balanced portfolio of high-quality assets, a strong balance sheet and significant growth prospects.
- Across our operations, we intend to achieve production of one million barrels of oil equivalent per day.
Address: P.O. Box 2844, 150 – 6 Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 3E3
Canadian Natural Resources
- Canadian Natural is one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world.
- The Company continually targets cost effective alternatives to develop our portfolio of projects and to deliver our defined growth plan, thereby creating value for shareholders. We have a proven, effective, value driven strategy that works.
- We have an effective and efficient, diversified combination of assets in North America, the North Sea and Offshore Africa, which enables us to generate significant value, even in challenging economic environments.
- We continually strive for safe, effective, efficient and environmentally responsible operations while developing our diverse asset base.
- Our balanced mix of natural gas, light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and associated upgrading facilities, represents one of the strongest and most diverse asset portfolios of any energy producer in the world.
- As we develop our assets, the Company is transitioning to a long life, low decline asset base which provides increasing and sustainable free cash flow.
- Our financial discipline, commitment to a strong balance sheet, and capacity to internally generate cash flows provide us the means to grow our company in the long term.
Address: 2500, 855 – 2 Street S.W., Calgary, AB T2P 4J8
- Husky Energy is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy companies.
- It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols HSE and HSE.PR.A.
- The Company operates worldwide with Upstream and Downstream business segments.
- Husky’s balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Address: 707-8th Avenue SW, Box 6525, Station “D”, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 3G7
- We build and operate the energy infrastructure that North America needs.
- Experts in our field, known for our solid financial track record, for our integrity and high standards of corporate governance and business ethics, we are committed to being a good neighbour.
- With more than 60 years experience, TransCanada is a leader in the responsible development and reliable and safe operation of North American energy infrastructure.
- Our network of wholly owned and affiliated pipelines taps into virtually all major natural gas supply basins in North America.
- TransCanada leads the North American pipeline industry and the world in system integrity.
- We’ve demonstrated an exceptional record of system reliability and safety.
Address: 450 – 1 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2P 5H1
- Over the past 65 years, Enbridge has become a leader in the safe and reliable delivery of energy in North America and is proud to be recognized as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World.
- We transport energy, operating the world’s longest, most sophisticated crude oil and liquids transportation system.
- We have a significant and growing presence in the natural gas transmission and midstream businesses, and an increasing involvement in power transmission.
- We generate energy, expanding our interests in renewable and green energy technologies including wind and solar energy and geothermal.
- We distribute energy, owning and operating Canada’s largest natural gas distribution company, and provide distribution services in Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and New York State.
Address: 3000 Fifth Avenue Place, 425 – 1st Street S.W., Calgary, Alberta, T2P 3L8 Canada
- Encana is a leading North American energy producer that is focused on growing its strong portfolio of diverse resource plays producing natural gas, oil and natural gas liquids.
- By partnering with employees, community organizations and other businesses, Encana contributes to the strength and sustainability of the communities where it operates.
Address: 1800, 855 – 2 Street SW, PO Box 2850, Calgary, AB , T2P 2S5
- At Cenovus, we‘re committed to being a responsible developer of one of Canada’s most valuable resources – the oil sands.
- We apply fresh, progressive thinking to minimize our impact on the environment while safely producing energy resources the world needs.
- And we take great pride in what we do and in how we do it.
Address: 421 — 7 Ave SW, PO Box 766, Calgary, AB T2P 0M5
- Talisman Energy Inc. is a global upstream oil and gas company, headquartered in Canada.
- Talisman has two main operating areas: the Americas (North America and Colombia), and Asia-Pacific.
- Talisman is committed to conducting business safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, and is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability (North America) Index.
- Talisman is listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges under the symbol TLM.
Address: Suite 2000, 888 – 3rd Street S.W. , Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 5C5
- Nexenis an upstream oil and gas company responsibly developing energy resources in the UK North Sea, offshore West Africa, the United States and Western Canada.
- A wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited, Nexen has three principal businesses: conventional oil and gas, oil sands and shale gas / oil.
Address: 801 – 7th Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2P 3P7
Canadian Oil Sands Limited
- Canadian Oil Sands is a pure investment opportunity in light, sweet crude oil.
- Through our 36.74% interest in the Syncrude project, we offer a solid, robust production stream of fully upgraded crude oil, exposure to future crude oil prices, potential growth through high-quality oil sands leases and an attractive dividend.
Address: 2500 First Canadian Centre, 350-7th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 3N9
Athabasca Oil Sands
- Founded in 2006, Athabasca Oil Corporation, an Alberta based company, is focused on the sustainable development of oil sands in the Athabasca region in northeastern Alberta and light oil resources in northwestern Alberta, Canada.
- Athabasca holds ~ 4.0 million net acres of mineral leases in the northwestern and Athabasca regions of Alberta.
- Alberta is well placed to be a secure supplier to the world’s energy demand. Athabasca is well placed to grow and contribute its part.
- The Company’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the trading symbol “ATH.”
Address: Bow Valley Square 4, Suite 2000, 250 6th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2P 3H7
Penn West Exploration
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd. (TSX: PWT) (NYSE: PWE). Penn West is one of the largest conventional oil and natural gas producers in Canada.
- Our goal is to be the company that redefines oil & gas excellence in western Canada.
- Based in Calgary, Alberta, Penn West operates a significant portfolio of opportunities with a dominant position in light oil in Canada on a land base encompassing approximately five million acres.
- Penn West is a development and production company focused on profitability with goals of growing production per share, cash flow per share and strengthening its balance sheet position.
- We are committed to maximizing the efficiency of our capital programs and the reliability of our production base while growing the oil and liquids weighting of total production.
Address: Penn West Plaza, Suite 200, 207 – 9th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 1K3
- ARC is one of Canada’s leading conventional oil and gas companies.
- Our operations are focused in five core areas across western Canada, and provide us with an extensive resource base of high quality oil and natural gas development opportunities.
- Founded in 1996, ARC has a long history of expertise and providing superior long-term returns to shareholders.
- Since day one, our vision has been to be a leading oil and gas producer as measured by quality of assets, management expertise and long-term returns; to achieve this we have focused on what we call ‘risk managed value creation’.
- To us, this means viewing growth as an option rather than a mandate, operating with capital discipline and maintaining a strong balance sheet and financial flexibility.
- ARC trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker ARX, and pays a dividend to its shareholders.
Address: 1200, 308 – 4th Ave S.W. Calgary, Alberta T2P 0H7
Crescent Point Energy
- Crescent Point Energy is a conventional oil and gas producer, But we’re anything but conventional.
- We’re dynamic, disciplined and driven by results.
Address: 2800, 111 – 5th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3Y6