List of Top Manufacturing Companies in Canada
- We are a leading global automotive supplier with 313 manufacturing operations and 84 product development, engineering and sales centers in 28 countries.
- We aim to be our customers’ preferred global supplier partner for the automotive industry, by delivering the best value built on innovative products and processes and World Class Manufacturing.
- We have over 130,000 employees focused on delivering superior value to our customers through innovative processes and World Class Manufacturing.
- We strive to be the employer of choice, an ethical and responsible corporate citizen and a superior long-term investment for our shareholders.
Address: 337 Magna Drive Aurora, Ontario, Canada L4G 7K1
Revenue: 34.835 billion (2013)
- Wheeled transportation might be taken for granted today, but more than a century ago the idea of propelling carriages with motors instead of horses was nothing short of outlandish.
- The idea succeeded, though, thanks to the brilliance of inventors who embraced the increasingly mechanized world, the risk-taking of entrepreneurs who believed in its potential, and the business savvy of industrialists who scaled start-up ventures to large enterprises that propelled the whole industry forward.
Address: 1400 Advance Rd Oakville, ON L6L 6L6, Canada
- Honda Canada Inc. is the Canadian division of the Honda Motor Company. Founded in 1969, Honda has been building cars in Canada since 1986.
- The head office is in Toronto, Ontario.
- Honda Canada Inc. has two assembly plants located at 6900 Industrial Parkway in Alliston, Ontario, north of Toronto.
- An engine plant was opened in 2008 to supply engines for the Civic.
- Honda is the most popular automobile manufacturer in Southern Ontario, and second most in Canada behind General Motors Canada.
Address: 180 Honda Blvd Markham, ON L6C 0H9
Ford Motor Co. of Canada
- Ford of Canada employs over 23,000 talented individuals in the fields of finance, sales and marketing, information technology, manufacturing and engineering, and human resources.
- This diverse workforce is responsible for the manufacturing and assembly operations that bring 320,000 vehicles and 425,000 engines to market.
- At Ford we are proud to be Canada’s longest-established automaker and remain committed to building a strong future in Canada.
Address: The Canadian Road P.O. Box 2000 Oakville, Ontario, Canada L6K 0C8
Revenue: (De12)1, Revenue: (U.S.)9,523,000
General Motors of Canada
- General Motors of Canada Limited (GM Canada) (French: General Motors du Canada Limitée) is General Motors’ Canadian subsidiary.
- Its national headquarters office, Canadian Regional Engineering Centre, and main manufacturing plants are located in Oshawa, Ontario, GM Canada is 100% owned by GM.
Address: 1908 Colonel Sam Drive Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8P7
Revenue: (De12), Revenue: 7,814,000
- Life will be rewarding with each drive in the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200.
- From every seat, you are surrounded by elegance, world-class design and advanced technology, all in Canada’s most affordable mid-size sedan16.
- When equipped with the available SafetyTecTM Group, you’ll also be driving a 2015 IIHS Top Safety Pick+2 and experience up to a 26% improvement in fuel economy versus the previous model, Attainable luxury has arrived.
Address: Windsor, Ontario
Revenue: (De12)1: (U.S.)7,272,000
- The Lear Corporation is a Fortune 500 company with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees.
- As a leading supplier of automotive seating and electrical, Lear serves its customers with global capabilities while maintaining individual commitment.
- With headquarters in Southfield, Michigan, Lear maintains 235 locations in 34 countries around the globe and employs approximately 132,000 employees.
- Lear is traded under the symbol [LEA] on the New York Stock Exchange.
Address: 530 Manitou Dr Kitchener, ON N2C 1L3, Canada
- As the world’s largest manufacturer of planes and trains, we’ve built an extensive and diverse portfolio of winning mobility solutions.
- Everywhere people travel by land and in the air, a Bombardier product is ready to transport them.
- From category-defining business jets and commercial aircraft designed for the challenges of today, to sleek high speed trains and public transit that’s smarter than ever.
- But it’s not just our products and services that make us a global leader.
- The most important success factor is our employees, all 74,000 of them.
- Together we’re focused on making mobility more efficient, sustainable and inviting than ever before.
Address: 800 René-Lévesque Blvd. West Montréal, Québec
- CVTech is a leader in the manufacture of power transmission systems continuously variable.
- Our CVT meet the needs of manufacturers of ATVs, mini-cars, commercial vehicles, snowmobiles, scooters and electric vehicles.
- We stand by our sense of innovation and solutions tailored to your vehicle to your success.
- Since 1969, CVTech-IBC focuses its activities exclusively to the manufacture of power transmission systems continuously variable.
- Over the years, our CVT have gained a reputation for excellence and ensuring the continued growth of the company.
- Our ultimate goal is to enable our customers to provide more efficient vehicles through our power transmission systems continuously variable.
- For us, every customer is an important partner, We work closely with him, listen to their needs and advise wisely, The personal service is at the heart of our business strategies.
Address: 300 Labonté Street Drummondville (Quebec) Canada J2C 6X9
Revenue: (De12), Revenue: 251,762
- Housed in a 500,000 square foot manufacturing facility, Fleet is a proudly operated Canadian Aerospace Sub-contractor that currently specializes in Detail Part Fabrication, Advanced Composites, Adhesive Metal Bonding and Airframe Assembly.
- Originally established in 1930, Fleet has a long history that dates back to the beginnings of the aviation industry and cloth covered wings, and continues right up to the present with Fleet product having flown in the Space Shuttle and orbited the Earth.
Address: 1011 Gilmore Rd. Fort Erie, ON, Canada L2A 5M4
- Esterline Corporation is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace and defense markets.
- Approximately 80% of total revenues are generated from aerospace/defense markets.
- The remaining 20% is from the application of these technologies in adjacent markets.
- Esterline management views the company’s businesses in three segments related to its set of core competencies: Avionics & Controls, Sensors & Systems, and Advanced Materials.
Address: Saint-Laurent, Quebec, Canada
COM DEV International
- COM DEV International Ltd. is a global designer and manufacturer of space hardware and systems.
- We are world leaders in the production of space-qualified passive microwave equipment, specialized electronics and optical subsystems.
- In addition, we provide microsatellite mission solutions ranging from mission concept studies to launch and operations.
- We have over 1,200 employees at facilities in Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- COM DEV manufactures advanced technologies and subsystems which are sold to major spacecraft builders and space agencies worldwide for use in communications, space science, and remote sensing.
- Our technology is used on more than 900 spacecraft to date, including 80 percent of all commercial communications satellites ever launched.
Address: 155 Sheldon Drive Cambridge, ON CANADA N1R 7H6
- GSC Systems (2004) Ltd. manufactures wooden propellers for ultralight planes, Powered Parachutes, and Powered Paragliders using Rotax and other engines.
- We use the best quality Eastern Maple hardwood.
- They are available in fixed-pitch, ground adjustable 2 and 3 blade, 2 blade mechanical in-flight adjustable and for the PPG market.
Address: #8 2440B 14th Avenue, Vernon, BC V1T 8C1
- Héroux-Devtek Inc. is a Canadian company specializing in the design, development, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gear and actuation systems and components for the Aerospace market.
- The Corporation is the third largest landing gear company worldwide, supplying both the commercial and military sectors of the Aerospace market with new landing gear systems and components, as well as aftermarket products and services.
Address: Suite 658, East Tower, Complexe Saint-Charles Longueuil, QC Canada J4K 5G4
Kelowna Flightcraft Ltd
- Kelowna Flightcraft is an award winning AMO and operates two full service MRO facilities in Kelowna, BC and Hamilton, ON Canada.
- These facilities are powered by 750 skilled and experienced staff that maintain, modify and engineer aircraft and components.
- KF is a one stop-shop servicing the corporate, commercial and military aviation industries worldwide.
- Kelowna Flightcraft Air Charter Ltd. (KFACL) is the exclusive air cargo carrier for Purolator Courier Ltd. and provides dedicated cargo service for Canada Post.
- We ship up to 900,000 lbs. of freight nightly on our fleet of DC10’s, B727’s and CV580’s with a staff of over 135 dedicated to flight operations.
- Kelowna Flightcraft’s subsidiary, Allied Wings, operates the Canadian Forces Contracted Flying Training and Support program, under contract with the Government of Canada, The facility, Canada Wings Aviation
- Training Centre, is located near Winnipeg, MB, Canada and marketed internationally.
Address: 5655 Airport Way Kelowna, BC, Canada, V1V 1S1
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.
- MDA is a global communications and information company providing operational solutions to commercial and government organizations worldwide.
- MDA’s business is focused on markets and customers with strong repeat business potential, primarily in the Communications sector and the Surveillance and Intelligence sector.
- In addition, the Company conducts a significant amount of advanced technology development.
Address: Richmond, BC, Canada
- From emerging aviation organizations to established global enterprises, Mxi Technologies provides maintenance professionals with the tools and services they need to succeed – now and in the future.
- As the market and technology leader in providing integrated and intelligent software, support and services to the aviation industry, Mxi Technologies offers a proven solution and a demonstrated approach for aviation organizations that are looking to evolve their maintenance operations.
Address: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Vantage Airport Group
- Vantage, as one of the first companies to be involved in the global trend of airport investment and management, is actively involved in making airports better.
- We develop, implement and hone best practices at our airports that result in financially stronger, more sustainable, better connected airports for the communities and businesses they serve.
Address: #1410 – 1200 West 73rd Avenue Vancouver, BC Canada V6P 6G5
Viking Air Ltd.
- “We’ve specialized in the de Havilland product for a long time.
- We’re obviously connected to it emotionally but we also understand that operators depend on our products.
- That’s why our experienced team of professionals build only the most reliable and effective products.
- We take a good thing and make it better.”
Address: 1959 de Havilland Way Sidney, BC Canada V8L 5V5
Candu Energy Inc.
- CANDU reactors supply approximately 50 per cent of Ontario’s electricity and 16 per cent of Canada’s overall electricity requirements.
- Internationally, they are an important component of clean air energy programs on four continents with over 22,000 megawatts of installed capacity.
- Candu develops products to deliver safe, reliable, affordable and CO2-free energy with a view to the future, while meeting the global nuclear industry’s highest safety and regulatory standards.
Address: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- General Fusion was founded in 2002 by Dr. Michel Laberge with a goal to transform the world’s energy supply by developing the fastest, most practical, and lowest cost path to commercial fusion power.
- In 2006, Dr. Laberge completed proof-of-principle experiments, and with the support of leading venture capital investors, General Fusion began building a team that today is recognized as the global leader in Magnetized Target Fusion.
Address: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
- As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity.
- From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Address: Toronto, Canada
Engineered Lifting Systems & Equipment Inc.
- Engineered Lifting Systems & Equipment Inc. (ELS) provides standard and custom overhead material lifting systems and equipment on time, on budget, while exceeding the expectations of our domestic and international customers.
- We make difficult jobs seem easy.
Address: 275 Union St., Elmira, ON, Canada N3B 3P1
Schmalz Vacuum Technology Ltd.
- Schmalz Vacuum Technology Ltd. is based in Mississauga, Canada.
- We provide local sales and service support using a team of factory-trained technicians and engineers, as well as providing local testing, training and installation capability, Deliveries are provided from a local inventory.
- Schmalz provides a complete range of vacuum products that include vacuum components and gripping systems, ergonomic vacuum lifting systems and vacuum clamping systems. Sales, services, inventory and repair are provided from the office in Mississauga, Ontario.
- All technical sales and support staff are professionally and regularly trained.
Address: 17-3190 Ridgeway Drive Mississauga, ON L5L 5S8
- The Stantec community unites more than 15,000 employees working in over 250 locations.
- We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resource, and infrastructure projects to life.
- Our work—professional consulting in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships.
Address: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Aecon Group Inc
- For more than a century, Aecon and our predecessor companies have helped to build many of Canada’s most famous landmarks – from the CN Tower and St. Lawrence Seaway, to the Vancouver Sky Train and Halifax Shipyards.
- In addition to these great landmarks, we’ve also helped to build hundreds of factories, roads, sewers, theatres, book stores, power plants, arts centres, mine sites, offices, hotels and gas distribution networks – the smaller, but no less important projects that help to make Canada a great place to live.
- At Aecon, a safe job site is a productive one. Our company is committed to providing a safe working environment for every employee and partner with whom we work.
- On each site we operate, this means rigorous maintenance of our equipment and zealous enforcement of stringent workplace safety standards.
- As a result, not only is Aecon recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada, but we also regularly earn a safety rating of more than 99% in national audits conducted by the Infrastructure Health and Safety Association.
Address: 20 Carlson Court, Suite 800 Toronto, ON M9W 7K6
- Rackam is a Canadian manufacturer and distributor of solar thermal collectors, and a specialist of industrial energy efficiency and heat transfer processes.
- The company uses solar heat to create saturated steam, high-temperature oil, and hot water; this is in turn used for industrial heating, drying, cooling and refrigeration.
Address: 250 rue Laval, local no. 4 Sherbrooke, Qc J1C 0R1
RWDI is an international specialty consulting engineering firm that uses a variety of engineering, computing, and scientific capabilities to help designers create comfortable environments and high performance buildings and structures.
Address: Guelph, Ontario