Company: Arbitrage Magazine
Position: Junior Graphic Designer
Locations: Anywhere in Canada
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Art Director
- As an Arbitrage designer, your position will involve working with the Art Direction team to develop graphics, illustrations, infographics, and article layouts to include in the Arbitrage Magazine’s web and print editions.
- All work will be done virtually. We publish four times a year, so the workload is manageable alongside your schoolwork; as well, you have a say in the content you design and you control the number of projects you work on.
- And as long as you create designs that relate to the article and look great, then you will have full artistic freedom with your designs.
- Be an active student (rare exceptions apply)
- Must know how to use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Knowledge of the entire Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to meet deadlines a must
- Must be artistic, creative and imaginative
- Attention to detail, highly organized
- Ability to manage time and project from conception to completion
- Contribute four design contributions per year.
- Design page layouts for features, sectional content, and cover pages.
- Design external client advertising (optional)
- Design external Arbitrage Magazine advertising (optional)
- Create graphic art using various software packages and traditional board format for the website and web/print magazine
- Interact with technical experts to understand their requirements
- Consult with other Arbitrage divisions to establish nature and context of layouts, designs and illustrations for production
- Determine style, technique and medium best suited to produce desired effects and conform with reproduction requirements
- Discuss the prepared design with the Art Director at various stages of completion and make changes as necessary
- Prepare sketches, photographs or illustrations to accompany Arbitrage content
- Perform other duties as necessary and appropriate for this position
How to Apply
Please forward your resume & cover letter to: David Whelan Director, Human Resources Arbitrage Magazine HR@ArbitrageMagazine.com
- If you apply to the Arbitrage Journalism or Design departments, you must include a sample/portfolio of your work as well.
- Presently, the Arbitrage Magazine is structured as a not-for-profit cooperative. All positions operate on a part-time, volunteer basis. Accordingly, only serious applicants need apply.
- In your application, kindly mention where you located this job posting.