List of Hospitals in Nova Scotia
- The Aberdeen Hospital is a regional facility providing a broad range of primary and secondary services through inpatient, outpatient and community-based services.
- The hospital has 104 beds. Services provided include: anesthesia, cardiology, diagnostic imaging, emergency, general surgery, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pathology, pediatrics, psychiatry and urology.
- There are 26 specialists and 29 family physicians as well as 25 physicians having courtesy or consulting privileges.
- The emergency department is a regional emergency department providing trauma service (Level II) and has approximately 30,000 visits per year.
- It is staffed by five full-time emergency physicians.
Address: 835 East River Rd, New Glasgow, NS B2H 3S6
Cape Breton Regional Hospital
- The Cape Breton Regional Hospital opened its doors in 1995 after a decade of fund raising.
- The hospital is the major referral centre for Cape Breton Island and serves Sydney and surrounding areas.
Address: 1482 George St, Sydney, NS B1P 1P3
- Colchester East Hants Health Authority was formed by the Nova Scotia Department of Health in January 2001.
- We are responsible for managing and delivering a wide range of services to the 73, 000 residents of Colchester County and the Municipality of East Hants.
- Our services include Colchester Regional Hospital, Lillian Fraser Hospital, East Hants Resource Centre as well as Public Health, Mental Health and Addiction Services, Primary Health Care and Continuing Care Services.
Address: 600 Abenaki Road Truro, Nova Scotia B2N 5A1
Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre
- The Cumberland Health Authority’s state-of-the-art acute care facility opened to patients in October 2002.
- The Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre is located in Upper Nappan just on the outskirts of Amherst, Nova Scotia.
- The CRHCC offers a wide range of programs and services including Level 2 Emergency, ICU, surgery, maternal/child and medical units supported by laboratory, diagnostic imaging, pharmacy, respiratory therapy, physiotherapy and occupational therapy departments.
Address: 19428 Nova Scotia Trunk 2, Amherst, NS B4H 3Y4
Dartmouth General Hospital
- Since its establishment in 1975, and through the generosity of the community, the Foundation has helped to fund three major building expansions and has invested more than $40 million in equipment, facilities, and programs at the Dartmouth General Hospital.
- The Dartmouth General Hospital Foundation is governed by a voluntary board of directors with representatives from the local community and the hospital.
- Funds are raised through major gift solicitation, community mail appeals, special events, planned giving, memorial gifts, other fundraising activities, investments, and parking revenue.Address: 325 Pleasant St, Dartmouth, NS B2Y 4G8
Digby General Hospital
- Our hospital provides the following services: primary care, inpatient, restorative care, ambulatory, day surgery and emergency care.
- When going to an appointment or the Emergency Department, please remember to bring your updated health card with you, along with a list of ALL medicine you are taking.
Address: 75 Warwick St, Digby, NS B0V 1A0
East Coast Forensic Hospital
- The East Coast Forensic Hospital (ECFH) works in partnership with the Departments of Health and Justice.
- This is the first time in Canada that both a Hospital and Correctional Facility are co-located to make the most efficient use of shared resources and services Both facilities are independently operated and managed such that correctional inmates and forensic clients are separate at all times.
- The ECFH is unique within Capital Health in that that the people it serves come strictly from the judicial system.
- There are two rehabilitation units with 30 beds each and a 24 bed Mentally Ill Offender Unit where court ordered assessments are performed and treatment is provided to offenders diagnosed with mental illness.
Address: Halifax, NS
Eastern Shore Memorial Hospital
- Eastern Shore Memorial Hospital is located in Sheet Harbour, Nova Scotia.
- The hospital opened in 1976 and has both inpatient beds and a 24hour outpatient/Community Emergency Department.
Address: 22637 7 Hwy, Sheet Harbour, NS B0J 3B0
IWK Health Centre
- The IWK Health Centre provides quality care to women, children, youth and families in the Maritime provinces and beyond.
- The IWK is structured around a Program-Based Care Model.
Program-based care puts people first by organizing interdisciplinary care teams around the needs of patients and families.
- Services provided by the Health Centre are delivered through three programs: Children’s Health; Mental Health and Addictions; and Women’s and Newborn Health.
Address: 5980 University Avenue, Halifax, NS B3K 6R8, Canada
Lillian Fraser Memorial Hospital
- Lillian Fraser Memorial Hospital is a community hospital located in the Village of Tatamagouche.
- In co-operation with neighbouring health care facilities they promote the provision of personalized and compassionate health services.
Address: PO Box 40 110 Blair Avenue Tatamagouche, NS BOK 1V0
North Cumberland Memorial Hospital
- North Cumberland Memorial Hospital in Pugwash, Nova Scotia was established in 1947 as a memorial to war veterans.
- Originally one of several Red Cross outposts in the province, its operation was later transferred to a local board of directors funded by the Department of Health.
- The current facility was built with local support and fundraising and was opened in 1966.
- North Cumberland Memorial Hospital is currently approved for short stay care plus palliative care beds.
- The hospital provides a mix of in-patient, out-patient, ambulatory care clinics and health promotion services.
- NCMH is home to a Collaborative Emergency Centre or CEC that provides 24/7/365 urgent and emergent care as well as primary health care services provided by physicians and nurse practitioners and provides diagnostic services like laboratory and diagnostic imaging.
Address: 260 Church St, Pugwash, NS B0K 1L0, Canada
The Nova Scotia Hospital
- The Nova Scotia Hospital (NSH) is one of several facilities providing a broad range of Mental Health Programs within Capital Health.
- A fully accredited teaching facility affiliated with Dalhousie University, the NSH is part of an overall structure integrating mental health programs and services across the Capital Health District.
Address: Halifax, NS, Canada
Soldiers Memorial Hospital
- Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital is a full service, acute care community facility servicing a catchment population of approximately 40,000 operating out of Middleton, Nova Scotia.
- Its mission is to improve the health and well-being of those we serve through an integrated and accessible health care system.
Address: 462 Main Street PO Box 730 Middleton, NS B0S 1P0
South Shore Regional Hospital
- South Shore Health is one of nine health districts in Nova Scotia created on January 1, 2001 by the Health Authorities Act to oversee the delivery of health services in the province.
- South Shore Health provides community and hospital-based services to the 60,000 residents of Lunenburg and Queens Counties.
- More than 1100 employees and 100 medical staff work within the organization to provide quality health care.
- In addition to acute care services provided at South Shore Regional, Fishermen’s Memorial and Queens General hospitals, our responsibilities include several community-based programs including Addictions, Mental Health, Public Health, Rehabilitation, Palliative Care Services, and Continuing Care.
Address: Bridgewater, NS, Canada
St. Martha’s Regional Hospital
- St. Martha’s Regional Hospital was originally founded in 1906 by the congregation of the Sisters of St. Martha.
- Located in the historic town of Antigonish, St. Martha’s Regional Hospital has 89 in-patient beds.
- It is an acute care facility providing a range of primary and secondary services through in-patient, outpatient and satellites.
Address: 25 Bay St, Antigonish, NS B2G 2G4, Canada
Valley Regional Hospital
- Valley Regional Hospital, which opened in 1992, serves the people of Kings and Annapolis Counties as their regional hospital, and provides specialty services as a regional referral centre for the Annapolis Valley and other areas of Western Nova Scotia.
- Our care giving team includes over 700 employees, 100 consulting physicians, and hundreds of volunteers.
Valley Regional Hospital offers a wide range of health care services, including Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Intensive Care, Emergency, Psychiatry, and Addictions.
Address: 150 Exhibition Street, Kentville, NS B4N 5E3, Canada